Technology and Innovation and Protection Come Together
Luiz F. Oliveira
ABOUT MR. OLIVEIRA
Mr. Oliveira has over 10 years of experience serving domestic and international clients in Intellectual Property and litigation matters in the United States and Brazil. Mr. Oliveira litigates a wide variety of matters, including intellectual property disputes, government contracting protests, litigations and appeal, and general commercial matters. Mr. Oliveira has experience in contract law, patent and trademark preparation and prosecution, and counseling.
Mr. Oliveira is licensed to practice law in Brazil and New York and is admitted to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (USCAFC), Court of Federal Claims (USCFC), Eastern and Western District of New York (NYED, NYWD), Eastern District of Texas (TXED), and the Western and Eastern District of Wisconsin (WIWD, WIED).
In addition to his extensive litigation and counseling experience in the United States, Mr. Oliveira practiced law in Brazil, where he dealt with a wide range of matters, including intellectual property negotiation, credit recovery negotiation, and litigation, general business litigation, and tort cases. He also clerked for Minas Gerais State Special Court and the Federal Attorney Office (Brazil).
Mr. Oliveira has a Master of Laws from Penn State University - The Dickinson School of Law where he was a Merit Scholar, and a JD equivalent bachelor’s in laws from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Minas Gerais (Brazil).
Mr. Oliveira is a native Portuguese speaker and is fluent in Spanish.
In recent years, Mr. Oliveira:
- Represented social media web company in a software patent infringement case against a multi-million-dollar company (N. D. California - 2019).
- Successfully argued a motion to vacate an entry of default judgment in a movie copyright and trademark matter involving major entertainment companies (E. D. New York - 2019).
- Represented an ammunition manufacturer in a patent infringement action against the Federal Government (Court of Federal Claims - 2018)
- Served as the second chair in a jury trial in trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement case involving medical device technology (E. D. North Carolina - 2017);
- Obtained a favorable settlement in a patent litigation case involving digital camera technology against a multi-billion-dollar corporation (E. D. New York - 2017)
- Represented a defense contractor in a patent infringement case against the Federal Government resulting in significant entry of judgment (Court of Federal Claims - 2016)
- Represented pharmaceutical company in breach of contract matter against contract manufacturing organization, which resulted in a favorable settlement to the client (S. D. of Texas - 2016)
- Represented a diagnostics company in patent infringement matter resulting in favorable resolution (W. D. Wisconsin - 2016)
- Obtained favorable resolution in a patent infringement case involving online game technology (W. D. Washington - 2016)
Penn State University - The Dickinson School of Law, LL.M
Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Minas Gerais, B.A. - LLB (J.D. Equivalent)
Intellectual Property Litigation
Government Contract Matters
Licensed attorney in Brazil
New York State Bar
Sabrina C. Maya
Sabrina C. Maya